Front End Engineer (React)
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer specialising in React to join Hummingbird Technologies in order to provide an impeccable user experience for the global agricultural revolution.
Hummingbird is the leading global remote sensing business for agriculture, using artificial intelligence and imagery analytics gathered from drones, planes and satellites technology, combined with weather and soil data and expert plant pathology to enable precision agriculture. We use the most advanced machine learning and computer vision techniques, delivering actionable insights on crop health directly to the field meaning farmers on the ground are able to manage their land in a more sustainable manner.
We were recently awarded KPMGs Best British Tech Startup 2019 and Cognition X Best AI Product for Agriculture 2018.
Existing backers of the business include: The European Space Agency, Sir James Dyson, Horizon Ventures, Downing Ventures and Velcourt, Europe’s largest commercial farming operation. We also have tech partners which include Google UK and Cranfield University.
We operate internationally with offices in London, São Paulo, Sydney, Moscow and Lviv.
Your main responsibility will be in helping to visualise the analysis produced by the data analytics layer of the platform and ensuring the farm manager has instant access to the most pertinent information that will assist and drive their decision-making process.
You will be working closely with API developers and Data Scientists in our technology team and will be expected to help shape the delivery process. You will have a constant eye on the customer experience and usability of the platform in terms of UX as well as performance and stability.
Each member of our team is self-starting, committed and proud of the quality of work we put in to bring innovative solutions to this pioneering space. As with most startup environments, the optimal skillset for the role is diverse, so a desire to learn is key.
- The development and visualisation of an analytics platform for farm managers
- The maintenance of a high level of quality and robustness within our front end architecture
- Ensure the smooth deployment of our front end(s)
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production/implementation bugs
- Working within a team framework to ensure the delivery of the collective goals of the company
- Demonstrable experience as a Front End Engineer with React/Redux
- Work experience in both web front end and mobile architecture design and implementation
- Good knowledge of API design patterns and web technologies
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of common web servers, networking, Linux (Ubuntu), CI servers & CD pipelines
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience in geospatial objects and maps
- Personal demonstrable interest in environmental impact and sustainability