Full Stack Developer (Mid-Snr) - PHP + Angular
At City Pantry, we’re changing the way people work together. We believe that good food makes a great company and that sharing a meal creates an environment where better communication, productivity and health are nourished. It’s a tough challenge. And we need people like you.
After five years, we are delivering thousands of meals every day across the UK to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, to name a few. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 500 of the best independent chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in London.
We are currently a team of 80, with offices based in London Bridge. Our office culture is vibrant, fun and foodie. Monthly ‘All-Hands’ are balanced with our monthly ’Gin and Learn’s’. Targets are important, but they’re not the be-all-and-end-all. The goal is to build relationships, to have fun and to promote healthy office cultures. As we solidify our position as Europe’s largest B2B food delivery platform and continue to expand geographically, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our organisation.
What we do in Tech
The Tech team builds and maintains all of the infrastructure and applications responsible for choosing and delivering 10,000 meals every day. From search engines, menu planning, eater management to integrations with courier APIs, our tools provide seamless ordering experience and help the UK’s most influential companies feed their teams better and faster. On the other end of the platform, we create tools that help kitchens build their menus, track orders and improve outreach to maximise their potential.
- Deliver full stack features to our customers.
- Shape the future of our platform by driving decisions around its structure, coding guidelines, testing, QA, and delivery.
- Solve architectural problems in an extensible, maintainable way and bring clarity around those across the organization.
- Contribute to discussions around the design, implementation and scaling of the entire platform, from infrastructure all the way to the UX.
What we think are important skills for this role:
- Track record of building full stack solutions.
- Good command of varied backend technologies (PHP, Java, NodeJS, Python…).
- Experience with at least one frontend technology (Angular, VueJS, React…).
- Knowledge of best practices in modern CI/CD pipelines.
- Passion for building approachable, scalable infrastructure and code that enables teams to quickly iterate on complex solutions.
- Dedication to passing on the knowledge you’ve gained to others through pair programming, code reviews and mentorship.
- 3+ years of experience.
What we value:
- Creative individuals who strive to deliver value to our customers fast through by means of exceptional, accessible code.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences, through code, white boarding or company-wide presentations.
- Ability to manage the expectations of others–do what you say you will!
- Empathy for your peers and your users.
Here’s what you can expect from us;
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- £2000 annual education allowance for you to spend on learning and development
- Weekly office Yoga and five-a-side Football
- Free lunch every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, supplied by one of our wonderful vendors
- Membership to CODE App, offering you discounts for some of London’s tastiest hot spots
- Frequent company-organised social events (past examples include: escape rooms, clip n climb, celebratory dinners and meditation sessions!)