We are looking for an experienced Go developer to join our fast growth business. You will work directly with our Head of Tech to support the design, development, and maintenance of our greenfield application as we move towards more cutting edge technologies, which you will help make decisions on.
To help with our long term expansion plans, the ideal candidate will have proven experience developing scalable web based products. You will need to be highly knowledgable with database (MySQL, Time-Based DB’s), and comfortable working with third-party/building APIs.
We offer powerful monitoring tools that are quick-and-easy to set up, which provide instant alerts that you can trust, the moment your site goes down. Customers are given invaluable insight into how their website’s performance is impacting customers’ experiences – helping businesses stay ahead of the competition. We offer uptime, server, domain, SSL monitoring, and many more!
The ideal candidate is looking for a challenge, self motivated and excited to be part of a new team developing our future architecture/stack.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience with Golang
- Solid experience with micro services architecture, and modern dev technologies (Go, Docker, K8s)
- Solid experience with the RESTful/gRPC
- Solid knowledge of SQL, with experience in optimisation, migrations, replication, and normalising
- Good understanding of NodeJS, jQuery, HTML5 and CSS – ability to work with client and server side
- Good knowledge of scalable caching technologies (Redis)
- Good knowledge of Unix and bash – comfortable around running/maintaining services across multiple servers.
- Experience working with Git in a team using feature branches/GitFlow
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong troubleshooting skills
Nice to haves:
- Comfortable working with legacy
- Knowledge of Testing in Go
- Experience in an agile environment (Scrum, and Agile)
- Comfortable in a growing startup environment
- Experience using GIT, Redis, and PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of tracing, deployment, monitoring tools for micro services
- You are a good judge of when the team are in need of a good cup of tea… or meme