Expired: Laravel / Vue / Event Sourcing Developer
ABOUT DIGITAL RISKS
Digital Risks is taking the insurance industry by storm, with a new way of buying business insurance as a flexible monthly subscription. Voted one of the top insurtech start-ups by Techworld, we’re already turning heads in the industry, and best of all, we’ve got tonnes of happy customers who love what we’re doing.
Our products are firmly aimed at creatives, techies, innovators and visionaries, and we’re on a mission to help protect their businesses, whatever the world throws at them.
Just like our customers, we’re super ambitious. Backed by world-leading partners and investors, including Seedcamp (TransferWise, Revolut) and Aviva, we’re joining some of the best-in-class tech outfits bringing something truly new and innovative to insurance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Four years into our journey, things are starting to get really exciting. We've already developed a unique portfolio of products, identified our target customers, delivered some major proof points, and received some seriously "excellent" reviews.
But, that was the easy bit. Now, with substantial funding behind us, we’re poised and ready to scale. And that means we’re looking for a passionate full stack developer to help take our products and technology platforms to the next level.
You’ll be working with a solid tech platform based on Event Sourcing, which allows us to build micro-services properly, innovate quickly, model the domain easily and above all gives us a time machine!
Our tech stack includes:
- Laravel / Node.js
- Redis / MongoDB
- AWS / Heroku / Netlify
- Event Store
- TBD by you!
- Some React / Vue and Bulma / Tailwind
You’ll be part of a flexible, fun and rewarding team environment, which values people over process. We avoid rules and want everyone to feel confident to create and contribute to the business and the product straight away. Be prepared to setup your MacBook pro, full development environment and deploy to production from day one.
Working directly under the Head of Engineering, this is a great opportunity to enhance your skills and experience life in one of the leading insurtech disruptors!
Your experience could include…
- APIs using Laravel and Node
- Designing microservices in a distributed nature
- Some experience using React or Vue
- CSS using Bootstrap, Bulma or Tailwind CSS
- Creating data structures which won’t hurt us later
- Building Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines
You might be the sort of person who…
- Can identify opportunities to simplify solutions to complex problems
- Creates open source projects to help others
- Plans their builds on paper
- Goes to developer meetups
- Runs composer outdated -D regularly
- Fixes bugs in open source projects to help others