Lead Web Application Developer
Popsa is a design-led, engineering focussed company that uses machine learning to help people rediscover their best experiences and turn them into beautiful printed products.
We grew about 500% in 2018 and we’re now shipping over half a million photos a week to 50 countries around the world.
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced engineer to lead the development of a brand new web application that will complement our mobile applications and take advantage of the unique opportunities that a desktop web environment offers.
- Extensive experience writing type-safe code using Typescript or tooling such as Flow
- Implementation of a state management library such as Redux, MobX or Apollo Link State
- Production experience building highly interactive web applications with Vue or React
- Writing robust unit and end-to-end automated tests
- A solid understanding of HTML, CSS3, SASS/LESS/CSS Modules or CSS in JS
- Delivery optimisation using tools such as content delivery networks, minifiers and service workers
- Experience in W3C AA guidelines and using WAI-ARIA tags
- Building continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Experience working with websockets and network-event driven applications
- Using protocol buffers for serialising data to be sent over the network
- Experience using browser file APIs and manipulating local files
- An understanding of web assembly or how it can be integrated into a web application
- Experience implementing Tensorflow.js or similar ML in-browser technologies (our data science team will be building the models)
- Runtime performance tuning using browser profiling tools
You and the Role
We are looking for an engineer who sees the wider business context and can build solutions accordingly; an engineer who prides themselves not only on building interfaces with a high aesthetic value, but also on writing secure, stable and maintainable code, and who is passionate about automating not only their own workflows but those across the business. The role needs a creative, problem-solving attitude, paired with a sensible approach to risk.
You will be working at our HQ in the heart of London's Soho in the Carnaby Quarter.
You'll receive a competitive salary based on your skills and experience, but most importantly, you will also get to own part of the business. Popsa has a share options scheme that is open to all employees. We'll tell you all about it as part of the interview process.
In addition, every engineer has access to a training budget to attend conferences and events around the world.
Got a Question?
If you have any questions about this role or anything about Popsa please feel free to email us at email@example.com and either our CTO Tom or Head of Engineering Alex will get back to you. Want to have a phone call or drop into our office? Just let us know in your message.