Remote PHP / Laravel Developer
Intech Ventures is looking for a remote developer with solid PHP skills to join our team to help us develop new projects and maintain existing applications. Intech Ventures provide the "in-house out-sourced" tech team to many startups and early stage tech companies looking to secure initial seed funding, private equity financing, larger rounds and M&A.
With a combined experience of over 40 years, Intech Ventures engineer world-class web and mobile applications, providing software services to start-ups, SME's and enterprise clients. Placing its staff at 'CXO' level and on the board of companies to bridge the tech gap at this senior level, Intech Ventures help companies report at the technological level to other board members and advise on steering those companies forward to aid them in securing funding.
- You will be involved in the full development cycles of new projects from discussion with clients to final release.
- We work on a range of interesting projects, from SAAS products to secure on premise software.
- The source of most of our projects comes from a network of investors who invest in start-up ideas and
- projects, meaning that your ideas and feedback get valued and applied to the business.
- We use event sourcing and CQRS where applicable to enable us to build better designed software.
- 4+ years' experience working with Object Oriented PHP and modern PHP frameworks
- 2+ years' experience with Laravel
- 3+ years' experience working with relational databases (MySQL preferred) and tuning both SQL and ORM behaviour
- Basic HTML / CSS
- Basic Linux admin (ability to SSH, view logs etc)
- Understanding of local development environments and integration of varying components
- Strong understanding of build processes/automation
- Strong understanding of Git
- High-level English speaker/writer
- Specific experience with Laravel and Eloquent ORM
- Experience working with live API integrations
- Adhering to PSR coding standards
- Ability to work alongside external teams
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to learn about new programming techniques
Bonus (not required but would be great to have)
- Experience with AWS container based hosting
- Experience with Event Souring
- Experience with crypto currencies / block chain
- Experience with machine learning/data science