Expired: Senior Backend Engineer (Go)
Rebank is building the financial operating system for high-growth companies. The way companies grow has evolved over the last decade; how they manage their finances hasn't. Our customers used to rely on error-prone spreadsheets and outdated internal processes but with Rebank they can manage their bank accounts, easily send funds across the world, and access analytics and insights all from a single login.
This is the first step towards a new kind of banking and we have the backing of great investors including Y Combinator to help us achieve that.
Here's how we work
We believe that deep technical expertise and an understanding of the problems we solve for our customers are equally important. We choose the right technology for the job because we understand how it works and how it benefits our customers. You'll be joining as an early employee so you will have significant autonomy over your role and influence in how we grow the company.
Currently, our tech stack utilises the following:
You will spend time on
- Designing and implementing our core global banking and payments systems
- Building robust identity and access management systems
- Integrating with banks and financial service providers
- Ensuring our devops and security architecture is at the high standard our customers expect of a bank
- Collaborating with design and product management
You should have
- 3+ years experience with Go or other strongly-typed languages
- A desire for solving complex engineering problems at scale
- A high-degree of independence and drive
- A strong knowledge of security practices
- Comfortable working with constant change and product evolution
- Constructively collaborate with teams across engineering, design and product
- Working knowledge of the entire web stack - from DNS to CSS
- The desire for a competitive salary and equity - everyone in the company shares in our success
It’s a bonus if you have experience in:
- Payments and/or banking
- Devops (docker/kubernetes/terraform)
Culture at Rebank
👩🏽🔬 Learn from users, build what they want
Be inquisitive about the problems we're solving for customers and how it impacts their day. A deeper understanding of our users helps us focus on building the best experiences.
🎯 Be product focused
Align user outcomes with business outcomes. Err on the side of risky ideas with high potential. Take pride in creating beautiful product workflows.
🧮 Plan collaboratively, execute independently
Collaborate on ideas. Take action early and learn as you go. Work with a high degree of autonomy.
We're an equal opportunity employer (and very pet friendly).
*** No agencies or dev shops please. Seriously. ***