Senior Ruby Developer
Who we are
At Engineer.ai we believe that anyone, irrespective of technical knowledge, should be able to build and operate technology. We make software accessible to everyone.
We are an AI-assisted platform building, maintaining and running bespoke software for our customers, making it faster, more accessible and less expensive for everyone to bring their ideas to life.
We launched in 2012, and last year we secured $29.5m of funding to scale our growth in Europe. We already have three offices in LA, Delhi, and London and recently hit 250 employees globally. A key focus for us this year is to significantly grow our London operation.
Why we need this role
BuilderCloud is a pillar of our business that focuses on provisioning, running and scaling the infrastructure that a customer’s idea is going to need to run on, at the best possible price for them. In order to rapidly expand our product offerings in this area, we would like to significantly expand our London engineering team. We are looking to hire engineers to work on areas such as intelligent cloud provider agnostic infrastructure usage analytics, secondary infrastructure marketplaces, interactive billing reports, devops automation tools and more.
What we need
We’re looking for senior engineers that enjoy a fast-paced startup environment, who are comfortable taking the lead on technical solutions, helping mentor and train junior developers as well as taking the initiative to contribute across the business where they can.
If you’re a developer that ticks some or all of these boxes, we’d love to hear from you:
- Strong experience in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Familiar with one or more cloud provider’s services. Experience with containerized applications and infrastructure provisioning would be a plus.
- Experience working in fast-paced and dynamic scrum teams.
- Experience architecting and designing scalable solutions
- Passionate about loosely held values and ideas. We want someone who has experience but is not blinded by the path already taken.
What you’ll be doing in your first 6 months
- Helping to shape the technical direction of new products/microservices
- Writing performant, testable and stable Ruby/Rails code
- Helping to unblock and coach mid level and junior team members
Our Tech Stack
Our in house platform teams work with a variety of technologies that’ll you’ll get to play with. Experience in some would be an advantage but is not strictly necessary. Most important is using the right tool for the job so we’re always evaluating what tech makes the most sense and we’d love for you to have some input in this.
- Latest stable versions of Ruby/Rails (2.6 and 6.0 at time of writing)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Git & GitLab
- Python with Django
- Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Redshift
- AWS, Azure, GCP, Digital Ocean
- What you get in return
- A supportive team and a fun relaxed work environment
- Health and wellness benefits
- Performance-based bonuses and stock options
- Generally flexible working hours
- Working in a modern office space in the heart of Paddington Want to know more?
£60.000 - 85.000 yearly base salary + stock options and variable
Ruby on Rails
No - We regrettably do not offer visa sponsorship for developers without working rights in the EU