Senior Software Developer
Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks, pharmaceutical companies, and law firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer in our London office who can create and maintain robust Django-based Python applications that interact with remote data providers and consumers via well-defined APIs.
This is an exciting time for the growth of the company. Through a recent acquisition, we’ve added a suite of heavily data-centric products to our portfolio. You'll join the team that built these new products from the ground up, and contribute valuable new features and enhancements as we move towards a more microservice-focused architecture.
- Write and review robust Python code
- Ensure good test coverage of all functionality
- Work with product managers to define requirements
- Interpret and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Guide and mentor junior developers
- Work with a tight-knit team to create the best possible product
- Several years of experience with Python and Django
- Experience with writing robust REST APIs
- Can describe in forensic detail what an HTTP transaction looks like
- Comfortable using Linux and the command line
You should be comfortable with identifying areas with potential for increased efficiency, working closely with the rest of the Development Team - collaborating on design and implementation, assisting with code reviews, and mentoring junior developers in an Agile environment.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.